As the situation stands, school will be open almost as usual tomorrow with morning club doors opening at 8am. However, please read and note the temporary changes that are in place for tomorrow.
- There are only two reasonably safe routes into the school building, so if you are coming from Hoopers Close then please everyone go in via the main office door and not Mr Powney’s door. If you are dropping off in the new car park then please drop off pupils at the fire door. These two routes have been cleared of snow and gritted this morning but the snow is still blowing around so please exercise extreme caution.
- Hoopers Close is passable with care but likely to be dangerous in the morning after overnight freezing. Therefore, everyone can use the new car park tomorrow morning to drop pupils off, we will keep it open until 9.30am and registers will be held open to facilitate a safe staggered start to the day. The new car park does have a fair amount of snow still on it, so please be careful if you decide to come this way.
- If you feel it is unsafe for you to travel tomorrow, please don’t – your child will receive a special mark that does not count as an absence.
- All pupils and staff should wear warm clothing with appropriate footwear with good grip. There is no need for school uniform to be worn. If it is safe to do so we may be able to get on to the field to build snowmen. With that in mind, a carrier bag and a spare pair of dry socks will be useful.
- Pick up arrangements will be as usual due to capacity issues – please see latest journal for full details.
Please continue to keep an eye on your phones as we are monitoring the situation and things may change if we get further substantial snowfall.
Finally, many thanks once again to those who offered to come in and clear snow if required.