Having inspected the school site this afternoon you will be pleased to hear that we will open tomorrow from 8.45am. At the time of inspection the site was still very icy and covered in deep snow so we feel it safest to use it for as short a time as possible tomorrow. To that end we will open at 8.45am with children going straight into the school hall. We will keep registers open until 10am to facilitate a staggered start to the school day and so arrivals can be more spread out. Pick up will be from 2.30-3.30pm and there will be no after school club or extra-curricular clubs. We believe the forecast rise in temperatures overnight along with a bit of rain will improve matters enough to open as described tomorrow, and allow us to get fully back to normal by Thursday.
Please also note the following:
- Pupils to come to school in warm home clothes tomorrow with good grippy shoes or boots. It would also be a good idea to bring an extra pair of socks and shoes (or pumps) in case of wet feet.
- Hoopers Close is still very slippery so please exercise extreme caution or better still park and walk. It is particularly important tomorrow that the turning circle remains unobstructed at all times.
- At the time of writing the drop off car park is probably only passable by 4x4s.
- The school bus is going to run tomorrow.
- Black Pepper will be delivering food tomorrow.
- Black Pepper Christmas dinner is now on Thursday.
- Class 1 and 2 performance will go ahead tomorrow if we have enough pupils in for it to run. I’ll update you by text as to the parking on the playground – this may not be possible.
- If you feel that it is unsafe for you to get your child to school tomorrow then please do not come – this will NOT count as an absence.
- School will return to normal on Thursday with before and after school clubs/extra-curricular clubs running. If this changes for any reason I will text you to let you know, otherwise please presume that Thursday is an ordinary day.
Best wishes, Leigh and Bransford Primary School.