The Role of the Governing Board
The purpose of the Governing Board is to provide confident and strong strategic leadership working in close partnership with the leaders of the school, leading to robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational performance.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff
As a Governing Board we work cooperatively together to ensure we meet the 3 core strategic functions above.
This year the school is working on the following priorities which guides our work fulfilling our core strategic functions and meeting our statutory requirements.
- To ensure that every pupil who has not reached their potential gets the resources and support that they need in order to make the progress needed to catch up. There will be a specific focus upon improving progress in maths and writing for boys and progress in reading for pupil premium pupils
- To embed further a curriculum that is broad and balanced and gives pupils the life skills and the cultural capital to be successful and enthusiastic learners
- To ensure that the benefits of academisation are realised as quickly as possible
In order to carry out our functions effectively, we meet 6 times per year as a full governing board. It is a privilege to be a governor at Leigh and Bransford where every child is valued. Our mission statement is “Our Children First” and we believe that every child should have the opportunity to fulfil their potential and to achieve the best possible standards, giving them a strong foundation for the future. The strengths and values that we aim to develop in our pupils are:
- Critical thinking
- Tolerance and Diversity
Through our strategic oversight, we support and strengthen the school to provide high quality education for all pupils.